Thursday, February 2, 2006

Getting Good at Getting Honest

I've gotten good at getting honest. I've always been really. It's just that now I say the things I actually mean, and I don't watch out in fear of hurting someone's feelings. Because why? Well, let's just say I've gotten good at hearing honesty. I could never handle criticism as a teenager; I would break down in tears on a daily basis. But scrutiny will only go as far as you let it. That's why I've learned to get over being scared of being hurt and hurting others. It's a fact of life - you can't avoid getting hurt and sometimes you can't avoid hurting others. That's my revelation of the day.

All in all, it's been a great week. I learn more and more from my second graders, and I'm getting upset more and more each day knowing I'll be leaving them in less than 3 weeks. I'm not at all excited about fifth graders. I know I should be optimistic, but I'm going with the idea that honesty is the best policy, and honestly, I am not a big fan of kids who are taller than me, know more than me, and have a more negative attitude than me. All of this into one equation doesn't turn out well. But nevertheless, I'm taking it all day by day. Taking in these wonderful kids is so precious to me. I love them so much. It's time for a weekend break though. Hallelujah.

No comments: