Saturday, February 25, 2006

Why Kids Are My Choice Of Career

Sometimes it's easy to forget why you're doing something. After 4 and a half years of school, I've almost but gotten to the breaking point of wondering if I've chosen the right path for my life, if education is where I want to spend the rest of my days. It's amazing when God overshadows your doubts in the form of a special second grade classroom full of twenty-one boys and girls that totally change who you are.

Yesterday was my last day at my first student teaching placement, and as I walked down the hall and slowly opened the door, with the lights turned out and 21 little voices screaming, "SURPRISE!," I knew that I was exactly where I should be. Changing their lives is what I want to do. They left me with a scrapbook of precious pictures and letters from each of them, a gift certificate to the Parent Teacher Store, and a million memories I will never forget...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Making Mardi Gras Masks Was a Blast...

Image hosting by Photobucket
These Boys Sleeping on the Schoolbus Is An Image I'll Never Forget...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Even the Wild Ones Get Sleepy After Field Trips...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Every Class Has A Million or Two Angels...

Image hosting by Photobucket
My Last Day Will Be Hard to Forget.

No comments: