Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Sky Seems Beautifully Blue Today...

Man, teaching is fun. I mean, I love what I'm going to be doing one day. My teacher today had a "Problem Child" straight out of the movie, and she had her hands full, so I was lucky enough to take over the teaching in my SECOND DAY of being there. Talk about scary scenarios. I did good though. The kids seem to like me and learn from me. I like that about kids. They listen if you act cool enough and SOUND like you know what you're talking about. I try to do that... A LOT. In all seriousness, every day is a day closer to being a tried and true teacher, and everyday I am more excited about it. I'm less doubtful which, of course, is a wonderful thing. In honor of our upcoming 4-H speeches (don't you remember doing yours in 4th grade?!), I helped a little one with hers today, and it was a bit something like this...

Sky Blue
I am the color of the rain. I am the color of the sky in the summertime.
What do you think I am?
My favorite color is sky blue because it reminds me of blue jays chirping outside. I like it because it is the color of my eyes. Some things that remind me most of my favorite color are the sea, Kool-aid, and my doctor's coat.
There are many things that make us think about our favorite colors. Today, I have talked a lot about sky blue, and maybe you'll like it too.

How cute was this?! This girl had been working on her speech for two weeks and had a blank page until today... WOW. I was so proud of what the attention of a student teacher could do. I asked her what her favorite color was and why and this is what we got. I love teaching. I really do.

No comments: