Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We're MOVING On

I knew having two children would be tough...  but I completely forgot how difficult parenting is when your little ones begin moving.  Daniel's been getting around this house since he was 3 or 4 months old, so when Samuel took his sweet time in doing the same, I wasn't complaining.  However, it's happened.  Samuel is moving.  He's not necessarily crawling, but Samuel rolls and scoots his way around this house, completely keeping up with Daniel or finding a way to his Mommy's feet when he wants to be held. 

He is amazing. 

What's not so amazing is that I now have two kids on the move!  It's becoming a daily chore of mine to keep Daniel from climbing up his dresser, falling off the back of the couch, and using baskets, toys, and even his little brother as step stools.  Amidst keeping up with Daniel, it's also my priority to move Samuel when he's rolled himself into the t.v. stand, wedged himself underneath the chairs, and scooted himself on top of a toy train (which, believe me, is not all that comfortable).  It's a busy schedule I keep.

When I have a moment with just one boy, though, I like to lay in the floor with him.  It is in these moments when some of my most precious memories have been made.  A few weeks ago, Daniel had laid down for a nap, and Samuel and I were busy getting into Daniel's train tracks.  In the video I got of him, he's desperately trying to get the door to the Misty Island cave (it's a Thomas & Friends' thing, in case you didn't know).  I realized quickly that my little one was growing very quickly because he knew what he wanted and he was not afraid to get it!


A Little Scooter from Jenna Johnson on Vimeo.

No comments: