Thursday, January 13, 2011

He's a Baller...

Yes, my son definitely has some b-ball skills.  My Pop got Daniel the cutest Little Tikes basketball goal for Christmas, and a few months back, Pop brought a vintage, autographed Vandy basketball (from his exclusive collection) for Daniel to have as a keepsake.  I have no idea on earth what year it's from or if it'd even be worth anything, so when Daniel kept having a conniption over this "bawl" (Daniel's "ball" has quite the southern drawl) on the top shelf in his closet, I had to let him have it.

The kid can shoot.  I mean, he really does.  Daniel is steps or so away from the goal, and he'll shoot and make it...  every time.  He's good, and I don't say that lightly.  He somehow always hits the square and manages to make shots.  For a kid who's not even two yet, I'd say that is pretty amazing. 

The best part about this is that Daniel's Daddy was ALSO a baller.  Brian actually walked onto Union University's basketball team his senior year, and in high school, he was known as "Burnout."  Yeah, he was good!  He still plays ball to this day...  He meets with a group of no telling how many men on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the crack of dawn (that is, when the boys haven't kept him up all night) to play basketball, and I'm serious, he loves it.  Any time we're out, we always run into "one of the guys" that plays with him.  I like that my husband is active and loves this sport, which makes it so fitting that his first born son is taking up with it too. 

So, with all that said, here's a little video of Daddy and Daniel being the ballers they are the other day in Daniel's room...


He's a Baller. from Jenna Johnson on Vimeo.


Oh, I can't post without mentioning our littlest Johnson baller...

 



Samuel loves sports too.  He was having a blast scooting and pushing this big kickball around!  It's official, I'm in a house FULL of boys, and my future is looking very much in the direction of bleachers...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at this...I love that Daniel thinks Brian is so hilarious! His laugh is too cute.