Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Blessings

There is such hope on Easter...

There is a newness, a sense that something has changed. I don't think it rests in the daffodils or the buttercups. I am certain it has nothing to do with our Easter best or baskets.

I felt it in the way the clouds rolled back, and the sun broke through. I saw it in the faces of my brothers and sisters at church as they sang praises. I heard it in the Sermon the Lord spoke through my husband...

HOPE.

It is what Easter brings.

It really wasn't the easiest day. I was stressed most of it, trying to get dressed, get the boys' clothes just right, the perfect picture, knowing they needed a nap but didn't get it, and I was rushing through it wrapped in my own nerves.

However, as I remember what Jesus did for us by dying on a cruel cross, suffering for our sins, and rising so that we might be made righteous, I am overcome with the hope of the Gospel and the blessings I don't deserve.  How great God's love is for us!

I tend to get overwhelmed by details and lose sight of what's really important in this life. It was looking through these pictures from Easter that God reminded me of the great hope we have in Him...

I am so unworthy, yet Christ willingly gave His life so that the faces in these pictures might have hope. I am humbled by the fact that not only my children, but everyone can have the hope of eternity because of the greatest Easter blessing, Jesus.

No comments: