Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So, I've Learned...

that it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to do anything with a 9-month-old opening-everything/crawling-everywhere/chewing-all-things/attempting-to-walk in the house.

I honestly do not know how mothers who stay at home can accomplish tasks throughout their days.  Some days, Daniel is incredibly happy playing alone in his super-yard, but on days like today, he realizes I am "caging" him in, and he cannot stand it.  I've let him roam, but I haven't done anything at all.

Really, I haven't completed A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  It's a lot past 3 in the afternoon, and to be terribly honest, I haven't showered.  I haven't finished any paintings.  I haven't even started thinking about dinner.

But, I'm not complaining one, single bit.  I'm thankful that I can stay at home with Daniel and watch him as he grows and learns new things.  Like just today, he took two steps...  on his own.  And today, he made some new sounds that I'm pretty sure were monkey calls.  He also looked me straight in the face and said, "Ma-ma-ma-ma."

He doesn't care that I stink, literally.  He reminds me why a painting isn't life or death.  He is elated over Gerber puffs.  He makes life so interesting.  He makes it worth each day, whether I accomplish 14 things or none at all. 

So, really, what I've learned is that I'm blessed to have nothing done...  Because I have a sweet boy who just so happens to be napping this very minute.

No comments: