Monday, February 1, 2010

Bet You Didn't Know He Had M-O-V-E-S...

Eating lunch today with his Aunt Jessica ended up being one the funniest things I've ever seen!  I, for one, had no idea he had moves like he was showing us, and I was able to catch him on video.  Seriously, I never imagined that an old elementary-school-turned-Barney song would get him to "dance" over his apple wagon wheels!

Apples and Bananas, Dance Remix from Jenna Johnson on Vimeo.


And, just in case you really love the Apples and Bananas song, it teaches kids the long vowel sounds and goes a little something like this:

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.  I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.

I like to ate, ate, ate aypples and banaynays.  I like to ate, ate, ate aypples and banaynays.  

I like to eat, eat, eat eepples and baneenees.  I like to eat, eat, eat eepples and baneenees.

I like to ite, ite, ite, ie-ples and banie-nies.  I like to ite, ite, ite, ie-ples and banie-nies.

I like to oat, oat, oat oeples and bano-nos.  I like to oat, oat, oat oeples and bano-nos.

I like to ute, ute, ute u-ples and banu-nus.   I like to ute, ute, ute u-ples and banu-nus.   

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.  I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.
(just remember to use the long vowel sound for each letter as you go through the song)

No comments: