Thursday, March 29, 2012

1 Month Away from Turning 3

Daniel is actually getting way too close to turning 3 years old.  In fact, he is only one whopping month from it, and his birthday party is a short two weeks away.  I honestly cannot believe how quickly he is growing, and each and every day I am reminded at how blessed I am that God chose me to be his mom.  I am honored (and challenged) to have the opportunity to raise him into the man of God I pray he one day becomes.

In his 35th month, Daniel:
Weighed 34 lbs.
Wore a size 8 1/2 - 9 in shoes.
Wore 3T clothes.
Completely potty trained
EXCEPT when asleep.
Counted to 15.
Could say all of his ABCs.
Pretended all of the time.
Acted out stories and movies with his toys.
Really enjoyed the bookstore and storytime.
Always wanted to "cheese" for pictures.
Liked watching basketball.
Thought every team was the Vanderbilt Commodores.
Became quite particular about what he wore.
Celebrated his cousin Kallie's 1st birthday.
Loved giving kisses.
Saw hail for the first time...
and some major warm weather.
Always wanted to buy a movie.
Needed every toy he saw on t.v.
Told us that things were "for my birthday."
Enjoyed being outdoors.
Asked to swing everyday.
Liked to color with crayons and sidewalk chalk.
Needed to know where everyone was...  everyday.
Wanted to go shopping all the time.
Would tell us, in detail, about his day.
Could say prayers all by himself.  So sweet.
Loved holding hands with Samuel.
Was very worried when Samuel fell and broke his leg.

Some of Daniel's Favorite Things:
Food(s):   Pizza
Toy(s):   Thomas Trains, Balloons
Show(s):   Thomas & Friends, Doodlebops
Movie(s):  Toy Story 1-3, Thomas Day of the Diesels, Wall-E
Snack(s):   Chips, Gummies, Cake, Pretzels, Popsicles, Popcorn
Song(s):   Who Built the Ark
Color(s): Blue and Red
Thing(s) to Do:   Pretending, Picnic, Swing, Wrap Gifts, Color
People: Shia, Samuel, Mimi, Grandpa, Natalie, Gavin
Some of Daniel's Popular Phrases:
  • I am sorry, Mommy, for not listening.
  • It's racing day.
  • You're my best friend.
  • I color today.
  • What's that?
  • Where're you taking me, Mommy?
  • What's he got?
  • Where is ______?
  • I wanna play in the "yard sale".
  • Let's have a pickquick (picnic).
  • I need to buy that.  It's Alvin and the Jiplunks.  It's for my birthday.
  • I wanna eat a pop-lart.  Cook it for me.
  • You have to be gentle.
Sidewalk chalking with Samuel

Giving Kallie a hug before heading home

Behaving so well for storytime

Best part of storytime?
Seeing all the Thomas trains for sale.

Getting a haircut with Aunt Jessica

Admiring the hail in the backyard

Holding brother's hand in the car

His big surprise from his Mimi
after a BIG potty milestone.


    No comments: