Sunday, March 5, 2006

Seeing Him in that Hospital Bed...

I take so many things forgranted, and sitting in a friend's hospital room last night, I wondered why I do. His life has somewhat been put on hold. He doesn't know what his next step is, if he'll ever have use of his hand again. He doesn't know if he'll be able to graduate in May like we'd planned on doing together. He's not sure if the job he'd planned on interviewing for will even want to interview him now. He's not even sure if he'll get to drive himself home. He's not positive when he'll get to even go home. He's just not sure. I'm sure he was thinking the same thing I was to a certain degree, except he had a LOT of morphine and I didn't, but I'm almost positive that it crossed his mind once or twice that he'd taken some things forgranted.

You don't realize how precious your friends' lives are until you think they could be gone. You don't understand how important your friends are until you receive that phone call that tells you they're in the hospital fighting to get their left arm back... It's crazy. I never knew how precious all of these things were to me... our lives and my friends, and sitting in his room last night, surrounded by my friends and his family, which has become my own over the past 20 something years, I couldn't help but feel like I had taken it all forgranted.

Please pray for my friend, Jeremy. He was in an awful accident at work that nearly took his left arm Friday night at work. No details are needed simply because they make me sick to talk about, just know that he needs prayers and lots of them. God was watching out for him and still is, but Monday he'll be having skin grafts put on his whole arm and from what I've heard, this is not going to be an easy surgery, and it will take months for him to recover. Please remember him for me when you pray...

No comments: