Thursday, March 23, 2006

Nothing Matters Like These People Do

My friends that I never see anymore have become a huge part of my life recently. I cannot go to bed tonight without mentioning some of their names... I am blessed beyond measure.

(In no particular order...)
  • Jase has become the friend I never thought I'd need, but just sitting in his presence makes me realize how God works. I ate supper at his place tonight, and seeing his smile, hearing his jokes about me, and talking about nothing made everything so easy. I never have to doubt with him; I know he's my best friend, and he knows I am his.
  • Jerm is truly a miracle of God. After almost losing his arm in a freak accident a few weeks ago, his humility and patience overwhelm me. He makes me want to be a better me. His obnoxious way of calling me an idiot, never saying my name but this hideous nickname he gave me when we were kids, making me cut his fingernails, taping his bandages for him, yelling over the Duke game, and reading his fifth grade poetry book tonight were memories I will never take forgranted. I love him more than life itself. He is everything to me, and almost losing him was enough to remind me that God wants us in each others' lives.
  • The Ghost from my past has really stepped in lately. We hadn't seen each other in five years, but after that time and space, somehow and in someway we manage to have the strongest friendship we've ever had. Our late night phone calls and honest remarks that cut to the bone oftentimes are a true testiment to a great relationship. I'm so proud of him for what he's becoming, what he's finally doing with his life; he's going to be so important one day... I'm just glad I realized how important he was to me over 10 years ago.
  • Random phone calls from a random guitarist really enlighten me, excite me, and intrigue me. He has taught me more about relationships than I could EVER expect to know. In that process, he has taught me what friendship is. I'm so thankful that he considers me a friend, and despite my innocent nature, he finds me exactly what he needs.
  • K. Howard is my true blue friend. We met each other in American Sign Language class, decided to become partners for the homework in there, and haven't been able to STAND being separated by states. I love her more than she'll ever know. She opens up her house to me, makes sure I'm warm, listens to my advice, and makes me laugh, usually in one sitting. There is none like her. She's everything to me.
  • Lindsey Lo has brightened my days by just sending hearts and updates almost daily. Everyone needs that friend that just makes you feel better by just having them in your life. Lo does that for me. I'm honored to be her friend after years of thinking we could never be. She's a complete doll, a true, beautiful friend.
  • I have to mention the friends that I have recently come back into my life though only years ago we were inseparable... Brit, Em, Erica, Cec, Jess... You girls have completed me for years; from cheerleading to choir, from singing at the apartment and at campfires, from teaching to understanding me and my fears, from Kiss Me Kate to our freshman year, from the Beatles' music and boyfriend hook ups to Math Team and everything else in between. You all have been there for me when I've needed you, and I cannot tell you how much I love you for that.
  • Oh, there's this group of people who make friendships SO worth their while... My church friends, from Victory, McFerrin, and everywhere else... I won't mention your names because you know who you are and you know why I love you so much. Life has taken us in different directions, but God has given us a bond that will never subside. I will miss corn on the cob, being Not That Far From Bethelhem, Catch Phrase hilariousness, not understanding boys and nodding along, and Jamaican bonds of friendship that have carried on back home... I love you, I miss you, and more than that, I'll see you all when we get home if not before.
  • The Rock makes my life make sense. She understands it all. She inspires me to inspire others. She's amazing. She praises the Lord when praising Him is not the cool thing to do. She shows me what a friend should be. I just miss her so much...
  • The Mac has given me more in friendship than I have gotten in 23 years. We've only known each other about a year, yet I feel like she's part of my family and I a part of hers. Something about feeling each others' pain, understanding trials, hysterical laughter, and pirates have brought us closer than I could explain. Even when we don't talk like I know we wish we could, I feel her with me.
  • Mardi B. is a kindred spirit kind of friend. She knows when I am hurting, she knows when I need to laugh and when I'm ready to be quiet. She prays for me when there's nothing to pray about. She shows in her actions through cards and phone calls how much I mean to her. What I've figured out is that I don't deserve her, yet I'm so blessed and thrilled to have her in my life. Date Night is my favorite night of all times!
  • Jeeca is the most important part of my life without doubt. The first and only friend I've ever had the audacity to be a complete fool towards, she has stuck by me like only a sister can do. I wasn't what I should have been to her, and I could never repay her for the love she gave me when I was unlovable. She is my best friend. No one could ever mean to me what she does. You have to know her to understand.

And last but not least:

  • My dearest friend, the closest one I will ever and always have, my Lord and Savior. You are there when none of these are, and I put You last so many times before now. My life is all because of You, and I take that forgranted so many times. You make each day what it is, You make me feel safe and secure, and more than that, You are the one who gave me all of these wonderful friends, and I will never cease to praise you.

No comments: