Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Goals...

This year is going to be good.  I just know it.

I would like to accomplish a few things this year in the way of goals, so here's my list for 2013:

1)  Read my Bible daily.  
More specifically, read through the New Testament.


All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,  2 Timothy 3:16
10)  Be more cautious of the things God has given us and be a better steward of them.  


2)  Be more joyful.  
Spend less time stressing and more time enjoying.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds.  James 1:2

3)  Be a better friend and wife.  
Surprise my husband, make lunch appointments with friends, schedule play dates, and be more intentional with those the Lord has given me.

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.  Proverbs 18:24

4)  Turn 30 gracefully.  :)

...but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.  1 Peter 3:4

5)  Teach our children.  
Do not let a day pass without being the teacher my children deserve to have.

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.  Deuteronomy 6:6-7

6)  Craft once a month.  
A gift I don't take lightly, I want to put my talents to work and either paint, embroider, or decorate one thing each month.  No need to overwhelm myself (or my family) by thinking I can do more.

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:  1 Peter 4:10

7)  Realize there is nothing wrong with saying "no".

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  1 Peter 5:8

8)  Do what's best in every situation with the Lord and my family in mind.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.  Psalm 1:1-3

9)  Give when I can.  Be it time, money, or material things.

Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  2 Corinthians 9:7

Keep our checkbook balanced, eat healthier, house cleaned, dinner prepared, put things back in their place, etc.


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.  James 1:17



No comments: