Monday, January 7, 2013

Sweetest Words... Ever.

I'll be honest...  Daniel is definitely the most strong-willed, hard-headed, and determined child I know.  He's pretty difficult to handle at times because he is incredibly energetic and rambunctious.  He doesn't listen when things aren't his ideas, and he is set on doing the opposite of what I tell him.  He disobeys often, but when he is disciplined for doing so, he usually breaks and realizes his wrong.  I love how God made him.  His personality has taught me patience and love.  It's also reiterated the importance of direction and reinforcement.  

However, my favorite thing about Daniel is his sweet heart.  He says the most caring things, and often, it is through his words that he shows how he really feels about a person or situation.  There are days when he doesn't listen to a word I say, but there are times when I'm certain that he loves me.  Today was one of those days.

Sitting in the floor this morning with all three of the boys, Daniel looks up to me and says, "Mommy, when I get big, will you be married with me?"

It's easy to say that I am one very happy mom today.  I know I am loved.  It doesn't always feel that way, but God spoke directly to my heart through this sometimes challenging, always precious little boy.

Grinning while playing 
with his favorite Christmas gift

Thankful for his "merry-go-round" toy

Worn out after a long day

No comments: