Monday, February 13, 2012

The Stars Were Out Tonight...

As we were pulling out of Mimi's driveway tonight, Daniel exclaimed, "Look, Mommy, it's stars!"

His excitement was precious, and I immediately asked him, "Daniel, do you know who made the stars?"

D:  Daddy made them?
Me:  No, actually God made them for you.
D:  For me?
Me:  God made the stars so that when you see them you will know that God is there and that He cares for you and wants the very best for you.  He loves you that much!
D:  God made the stars for me?
Me:  Yes.  God made the stars.
D:  Baby Jesus help God?
Me:  Oh yes, Jesus was there helping God when they made the stars, smart boy!

Silence filled the car, and I soon realized he was in awe of the depth of either our conversation or of the stars themselves. 

D:  Thank you for making my stars, God.

1 comment:

Ginger Sloan Billingsley said...

Love this story. So happy that Daniel has wonderful parents to fill him with the wonderful news about his Heavenly Father who loves him so much. I used to sing a little song to the girls "I see the moon. The moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me." I now sing it to Hannah Grace. I am so thankful for you all being a part of my family's life.