Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gatlinburg Babies

For as long as I can remember, my family has always vacationed in Gatlinburg.  Dad's company owns a condo, and they draw names for when each employee gets to go throughout the year.  Needless to say, after all these years Gatlinburg has somewhat lost its appeal to me.  That is, until I took my 14-month-old on 4th of July weekend with both his 6-week-old baby brother, his Mimi, AND his Aunt Jessica.  Here's our trip, in pictures:

Waiting on his food to arrive at Bubba Gump

Riding in the Beco -
literally, the best thing since sliced bread.

Our ONLY time swimming in the pool -
a.k.a. my worst nightmare.
Who puts a pool on the roof?!
Our hotel did, that's who.
YIKES.

Samuel actually started smiling on this trip.
Not in this picture, but he did.
For real.

His very first Happy Meal on the Gatlinburg Strip -
He was in AWE!

This is the life.
Taking it easy in his stroller on the 4th.


Playing in the creek after dinner


With both of my boys on the 4th in Gatlinburg -
getting ice cream, of course!

What would the 4th in Gatlinburg be without
a trip to the Aquarium?!
He spent the entire time doing this...
<------------

Pointing at e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

He pointed so much that I started pointing.
Look, we're BOTH pointing!

And then, we met the penguins...
The most exhausting exhibit I've ever visited.

Because you actually crawl through the exhibit.
Penguins swim underneath and above you.
Daniel. would. not. get. out. of. the. penguin. tunnel.
I promise my knees are STILL bruised from chasing him.

You just have to take this picture.
I don't know why.
The boys and me at the entrance to the park.


Okay, Daniel really enjoyed his breakfast
at the Pancake house we always visit in Pigeon Forge.
He ate every last bit of that.
ALL OF IT.

Don't believe me?

Told ya.
Those pancakes and ham are in. his. belly.
It's nice NOT to have to clean the table.


Remind me NOT to visit Gatlinburg on a holiday.
This picture is the reason why.
I mean, we just wanted to go HOME.

Daniel did too -
At least he was a comedian about it.

My sleeping boys as we arrive home...

No comments: