Friday, July 9, 2010

Brian's 30th Birthday... Belated.

Not only did my son turn one this spring, my husband had a birthday of his own in June.  I planned (behind his back) to throw him a surprise 30th birthday party.  Nevermind the fact that I was busy giving birth and bringing home a newborn during the days leading up to the month of his big day, but I was able to pull it off - WITHOUT Brian knowing a thing about it.  Here are a few pictures from the party:

The "Burnout" cake -
Brian's nickname on the court has always been "Burnout." 
So, I thought it'd be great to do a b-ball themed party
 based on his nickname and turning 30!

More of the decorations -
included basketball chocolates!


When I picked Brian up,
I blindfolded him.
Didn't want him to figure out where I was taking him!
He thought just the two of us were going out...

After walking in,
Brian was in shock!


Samuel decided to sleep through his Daddy's party. 
I think Grandpa may have fallen asleep a time or two!


Daniel was busy taking center stage!
Always the center of attention!


Brian "Burnout" Johnson and his cake.
Special thanks to our dear friend Lori at Cakes and Dainties!


Special friends who visited for the surpise and dinner:

Brian and T-Roy

Matt (Brian's high school friend), his wife Erin,
baby Hannah (in her car seat) and Brian

Mark and Brian


The Ball Family (minus Ethan), Brian, and Brian's cousin, James Evan -
THANK YOU BALL'S for helping pull off the surprise!

Bro. Bill and Bro. Brian

My uncle Ricky, Samuel, and Brian


The two of us

My 30 gifts for Brian's 30th -
and yes, each one had a number and a clue!


Daniel really wanted to help -
and see Daddy's high school b-ball pictures! 
HILARIOUS.


The best gift of the night - #29, I think -
His Sesame Street "All My Homies are from the Street" tshirt

Thank you to all of our friends and family who helped make this such a special night for Brian.  There are so many people who helped pull this off that aren't in the pictures, but I was so humbled by your generosity.  Also, Brian cannot thank you enough for all of the thoughtful cards and gifts!  We love you all dearly.

No comments: