Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh, Me!



My dear friend, Brandy, picked me to carry on this Honest Scrap blogger award which means I have to post 10 things about myself and pass it on to other bloggers.  Since I blog mostly about my boys, I can't imagine there being 10 things you would find interesting about me, but here goes...

1.  I am a texture eater.  I do not like anything with seeds (tomatoes), not big on crunchy (chips, carrots), and really dislike mushy (pies, beans, peas).


2.  I married a man I never dated.  Seriously.  We went from single to engaged in 8 days and were married 2 months later.  The Lord laid it on our hearts that we should be married, so we did.  Best thing that's ever happened to me.


3.  I have a ridiculously bad habit of biting my nails.  It used to be all the time, but now, it's only when they've grown really long or I get nervous or overwhelmed over something.  Gross, I know.


4.  I am highly creative and terribly unorganized.  I can throw a mean party, paint some amazing things, and come up with some extremely perfect gifts.  However, when it comes to doing ANY of that, it just so happens that I cannot keep up with what I'm doing, what I've purchased, or how much it cost me.  


5.  I've been pregnant for 21 months in the last 3 years.  I miscarried my first child, Ethan, was pregnant six months later with Daniel, and found out I was pregnant again with Samuel when Daniel was only 3 and a half months old.  What does this mean?  My husband is one very good man.  OH, and for future reference, I should take stock out in Motherhood Maternity or the maternity racks at consignment sales.


6.  I really love music.  However, I'm not as "musical" or "well-versed" as I once was.  I used to like every single genre of music and know the words to every song on the radio on every station.  These days, I find myself annoyed with country, bored with pop, and absolutely appalled by rap and hip hop.  I cannot stand the radio being up too loud, and I don't like songs with cussing in them.  Turns out I am just like my mother, and as a M-O-M, I really do not want to listen to music that I wouldn't want my children to hear.  You can usually depend on us listening to Contemporary Christian or Gospel.


7.  I am nuts about grammar.  I can spot a misspelled word from a mile away.  I cannot stand it when people use run-on sentences without the slightest thought of a period, comma, conjunction, or semicolon.  I hate it when punctuation marks are misused and quotation marks are misplaced...  Oh, I could go on, but I digress only to say that English was my favorite subject in school.  What the world really needs is a lesson in English grammar!


8.  I am a preacher's wife.  I struggle with this one often, simply because I don't feel qualified or equipped to fill this unique role.  I don't study or read my Bible daily.  I find it hard to pray without ceasing.  I don't have mentors or feel as though I have that "accountability" partner I need.

9.  I need to learn to cook and clean.  I have been a stay-at-home mom for over two years now, and I've YET to get on a schedule.  I don't cook every night; in fact, I'm somewhat disappointed if we don't go out!  My house NEVER feels clean, and I hear about cleaning schedules all the time yet don't make one for myself!

10.  I collect am quite attached to Willow Tree figurines.  You know, "those wood things without faces," as my brother-in-law says.  I don't know how many I have; I just know that my beautiful curio cabinet is WAY out of room.  I've collected all that I have in the past three years, and every time I see one I don't have, I can't help but WANT IT. 


I am nominating:

No comments: