Monday, May 18, 2009

That's What I'm Doing... These Days.

Do you know that I haven't written a blog in over a month? That's somewhat insane considering I used to be checking my blogroll every hour just to check in on all of my friends and those I had been praying for.

These days, I'm spending every hour checking in on this handsome, young man.



I used to spend hours at my desk painting Gifts of God for my friends, family, and supporters. When I say hours, I mean every waking minute.

These days, I'm too busy watching as God continues creating His own masterpiece in the face of my little boy.

There was a time when going shopping for myself and being alone was fun.

These days, I leave my little one with my sister or my mom to go shopping, and I feel so alone without him.

Not too long ago, I thought going back to college was the only thing I had to do. It made perfect sense to me to spend my days studying, preparing papers, and going to class.

These days, school seems completely unnecessary. I look forward to studying my sweet boy's face, preparing bottles and Zantac doses, and going to the nursery every few minutes to change diapers.

I once believed that it would be years before Brian and I had children...

These days, I believe God knew what He was doing when He gave me Daniel.

No comments: