Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Interview with Our ALMOST 4-Year-Old

Last Saturday, Daniel and I were the only ones awake during our ride home. Samuel and Elias were snoozing, and I looked in my rear view mirror to see him singing the words of a Christian song on the radio.  My heart filled with such joy as I realized how quickly he was growing up.  In a week, he'll be four, I thought to myself, and with that, I started asking and listening very closely as my sweet, almost 4-year-old answered my questions.

What's your favorite color?  Blue...  and green.  Well, all the colors.  I like when they're rainbow.

Favorite food?  Hmmm, all the food.  But I like Lunchables.  I like gummies the best.

What's your favorite song?  "Carry Me Now" (as he breaks out in song) by Josh Wilson

Favorite sport?  Oh, all the sports.  I like soccer the best though.

Favorite movie?  Day of the Diesels.

Favorite toy?  All of my tracks.  The ones for my trains, and for my cars, and the ones at Mimi's house.  I really like tracks.

Who's your favorite person?  Daddy.  Mimi.  You.  Grandpa.

What's your favorite Bible story?  Um, I like them all.  I like David and Golias (GoliaTH).  I like Daniel too with all those lions.

What's your favorite snack?  Ha, Ice cream and gummies.

Do you have a favorite brother?  Sometimes.
Well, don't you love them the same?  Sometimes.  I like Elias the most because he's little and leaves me alone.  Samuel likes to play with all of my junk, and it's mine.
You know, they'll both be your friend forever, don't you?!  Two friends?  That's great!

How old will you be on your next birthday?  On my last birthday, I'll be this many.
How many is that?  Four.

What do you want for your birthday?  Ummm, some tracks.  A jumper for my backyard.  Sports stuff.  A big boy bed.

Who do you love?  You.  and Daddy.  and everybody I know.

No comments: