Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Things I'm Getting Good at Repeating


  • Lord, if this baby could just come today...
  • It is so hot in here.
  • Did you turn off the air?
  • Daniel, stay out of the refrigerator.
  • You cannot have another snack.  You've already had 4.
  • Daniel, where does pee-pee go?  
  • Son, please hurry up.
  • We are late, that's why.
  • Because I said so, that's why.
  • Come here.
  • Stay out of the closet!
  • This is your warning, Daniel.  
  • Samuel, a bowl is the same as a (ziploc) bag.  Just eat your snack.
  • You are not eating anymore _____.  Your belly is going to be sick!
  • Whoa, be easy!
  • Get OFF of him!
  • Keep your hands to yourself.
  • Take your shoes off.  We aren't going anywhere.
  • Baby, I'm sorry.  We cannot go shopping at Target today.
  • I'm sorry, sweetie.  I can't take you to Chicken Lay again today.
  • You are NOT sick.  You do NOT need to go to the doctor.
  • A sucker is the last thing you need.
  • Those are Samuel's shorts.  Why are YOU wearing them?
  • Mommy's sorry for being too tired for Play-doh.
  • Please do NOT make a mess with that.
  • I can't take you outside right now.  Maybe when Mommy's not so big...
  • Three boys?  Lord, how in the world?!
It's quite obvious from my most-used phrases lately that life is a bit hectic and overwhelming.  It could be that I am nine months pregnant and hormonal, but I am beginning to realize that there are only a few days left before this baby comes and I'll no longer be a mother of two.  It's hard to imagine how life could change any more than it already does on a constant basis, but I know that God has great plans for our family.  I'm excited to see what's in store.  While my current position is challenging at times, I don't want to take one crazy, frustrated, wild moment for granted.  I am so blessed.  I really, really am.

No comments: