Friday, April 14, 2006

If One Door Opens to Another Door Closed, Keep On Walking Until You Find the Window.

My life was a mess. My life wasn't what one would call living because I was dying inside and out. My life was a broken record, every mistake I made, I made over a hundred times. My life was an open book and a mystery all in one; I let some in and I locked others out, fearing if they saw the person I was, they'd put the book down. My life was full of happiness that I couldn't find because I always knew there was something more.

My life began to change. My life started to mean something to me because I had shattered it, I had become a piece of broken glass. My life was living behind a closed door because I was ashamed of who I'd become. My life meant hurting those I loved , loving those I shouldn't have, and hating myself. My life also meant losing precious friends, meaningful relationships, and amazing memories. My life was overshadowed with addictions and lies. My life needed something I already had but kept ignoring... God.

My life keeps falling into place. My life keeps getting better. My life isn't at all what I expected it to be at twenty-three. My life is not exactly what everyone else thinks it is. My life is what I've made it. My life isn't always something I'm proud of. My life changes from day to day. My life is filled with people I never thought would be my friends. My life is sometimes empty because I've lost people I thought would be in it forever. My life gets lonely because I allow it to be. My life is confusing because I don't look for guidance from God. My life is often a disaster because I am one big mess myself. My life is a one way street; I've chosen both paths at times, and I've finally decided to take the road less travelled. My life is an accident waiting to happen for things just seem to fall in my lap or I'm falling into something in the most literal sense. My life is as far from perfect as it comes. My life makes me happy because it is always something different, there is always someone special, and I can always find a reason to smile. My life doesn't seem like much to many, but it's all I have, and I'm so proud of who I'm becoming and where I've been. My life is not my own; it's my gift from God, and I plan to start giving more of it to Him.

No comments: