Saturday, November 28, 2015

Falling into Place

As we drove to Vanderbilt this afternoon, Samuel was quiet. I had prepared him. Brian had prayed over him. Daniel was genuinely concerned about him. Elias had hugged him. However, the silence in the van was deafening, and I was worried that maybe he was worried.

He wasn't, he assured me.

We were short on time, but we were listening to the radio when we were just over 10 minutes away when a familiar song came on. Tears filled my eyes, and I snapped a picture of my watch. I didn't want to forget when God reminded me to let go of worry and to let Him hold us. It was perfectly planned, if you ask me.

Here are the lyrics that comforted me:
"So, when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away. You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held. Your world's not falling apart; it's falling into place. I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held. Just be held, just be held."
Just Be Held by Casting Crowns

Tonight, we are settled in our room. He is flipping through channels with his sweet head wrapped in gauze. Earlier today, he had to sit incredibly still as a tech strategically placed the 21 EEG wires on his head, then glued and dried them. It was physically uncomfortable for me to watch because he was so nervous through each placement and drying. His eyes would fill with tears and he gripped my hands. I was so amazed at how this timid child bravely got through this. The tech wrapped the wires in gauze so that they wouldn't be exposed over the next few days.

He then had to endure a series of tests that induce seizures. He did fine, but he was soon complaining of a headache. It is still bothering him 2 hours later.

The rest of the day, he has eaten supper, played electronics, and walked around the room. He even had his favorite people visit! Daddy, Daniel, and Elias brought cookies that had an I ♡ U and a :) on them and actually had him balloons. It is going better than I could have imagined thus far, but of course, God's plan are far better than mine.

The doctor has decided not to give him his regular medication tonight in the anticipation of bringing about a seizure with the addition of today's testings. We are thankful to have nurses and doctors watching him during this process!

Pictures include: the moment God blessed me on the way to the hospital, two thumbs up to arriving in our room, Momma and Samuel, attaching the wires, gauze in place, Daddy and Samuel with the special cookies, brothers in the hospital bed, and sleepy buddy.

No comments: