Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just As I Was Catching My Breath...

The wind was knocked out of me again...

I cannot explain this in a way that seems fitting, but my heart continues to break. Not for the usual things, but for something I don't even know that I really want. I have wanted to see God move, and just as I felt I had, I see the devil run right over it.

I feel as though I've forgotten that the devil has power. He does, and he is capable of crashing through all of your happiness if you're not guarding each moment and taking each breath carefully. He'll knock the breath right out of you and steal your joy.

It won't be as you picture him either. He do it through your very own friends, people you trust, and things you count on. You better be on guard. Be in season, always prayerful, for he is watching your every move. And he's ready to hit you where it hurts...

Move, Lord, in a big way. Take my breath away in whatever way you must, but Lord, keep him away from me and from the things that are YOURS in my life. Lord, I am calling out for You... Help me to breath again...

No comments: